Please join us in praying for our brothers and sisters in Guayaquil, Ecuador. The city is being hit especially hard by the coronavirus and has become the epicenter of the outbreak in Ecuador, with approximately 68% of all cases within the country.
Iglesia Evangélica Menonita en Ecuador (Ecuador Mennonite Church) has lost a number of individuals, more are sick, and the virus is affecting everyone. Hospitals have reached capacity, and the sick are encouraged to stay home. This has led to countless numbers of people dying in their residences with no medical or emergency staff available to help or even retrieve the bodies. In protest and with no other options, some of these bodies are being left out on the streets.
The city and country are on lockdown, where essential movement is only allowed at certain times of the day and to a rotating list of people based on their government ID numbers. Food, medicine, and supplies are increasingly hard to come by under this system. On top of this, work has halted and many families have been without an income for weeks.
- For the health and safety of the people of Guayaquil and the surrounding areas.
- That they can find ways to help each other through this and safely gain access to food and needed supplies.
- For peace to surround those who are grieving.
- For the church leaders to have wisdom, hope, and strength as they are immersed in hardship and difficulty.
- For the church to remain strong in their faith and that God would show them – and the entire country – comfort and love.
- For healing and access to medicine.